Friday 14 December 2007

About time

Yeah. I've been an impotent, lame, flaccid kind of fool for not blogging for so long. Irresponsible really. What with the increase in suicides, the people throwing themselves into the road just because life without my words seems so empty. I will no longer shirk my social responsibility and will once again entertain Ye through the medium of these 'ere pixels.

I still don't smoke. Na na na-na-na. Up yours Nay Sayers! You know who you are.

Anyhow I have been keeping busy. I know how to perform venipuncture now. Sleep soundly. If anyone is in the least bit interested in helping mankind (and more importantly me) by becoming a participant in my PhD project do not hesitate to contact me. I have designed a very informative email response in advance in case anyone wants to know about it. You can all get involved. I do want your blood though. Yes you.

Enough abuse of the blogging space to recruit people for my own ends.

But I don't have much else to talk about these days. Ah. Goes with the job you see, I'm becoming a socially awkward, reclusive PhD student. If I were in the room with you right now I'd probably be finding it hard to keep eye contact.

I have discovered a new joy in running. I never used to be able to do this. Now not only am I capable but I actually like it. Hmmmmm. What a topsy-turvy crazy world this is.

Ya know considering I haven't bothered writing anything for months it really feels like I'm scraping the bottom of the word barrel. So in the interest of keeping the standards up to my usual award winning*, benchmark setting, monumentally mind bogglingly high standards I'm going to stop. Now.



*May not actually have won awards.

4 comments:

Lady Muck said...

Do you wear spandex when you run? And do you find that running makes you fart?

Both important questions.

degs said...

Yes Mucky Lady I do. A nice winter spandex sports thong answers your first point. And it really depends on my diet answers the second.

Lady Muck said...

Oh Degs, such a tease.

Anonymous said...

hope you are king of Oxford for many a long month.

you deserve it.

rule as a harsh but just ruler.

just as you always has.