Thursday 12 April 2007

Washing up

Is there a cool, relaxed way of asking someone to do their fair share?

I am bitter person, trapped within a resentful, hate filled tyrant, trapped within someone who smiles, shrugs and then cleans the only sharp knife and chopping board. Everyday.

What do you do?

I have an entire beehive within my proverbial bonnet but right now washing up is the notably vicious bee. And it just stung me with a swollen sack of poison.

Bob Dylan should have sung;

"How many times must a man clean a pint glass
Before he can drink some water"

The thing is if you complain you're a twat. But if you do the dishes it's not 'cool'.

Flies in the kitchen isn't cool. Eating nice food is.

Convenience is what I lust for. The ability to be able to explore my gastro potential without prior community service.

Why don't you get nice pot noodles?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, pot noodles can never be nice... they can however be rooooooooooode. You know, in a good way. I recommend peeling your tongue first.

Pipsywoo said...

I suggest you do the following of purchasing a knife and chopping board and keeping them in your cupboard. If anyone comments, tell them you were fed up of being the wife of the house.

I'm the main domestic help in my house and am supposed to be overly grateful and thank others when they do their share, it's beyond me.